Those who want to cut the cord and leave cable and satellite TV behind have many options at their service like activate Pluto TV. The problem is that a quality online TV or streaming service costs quite a lot.
Pluto TV is completely free and has a wide variety of channels on its list. It also offers thousands of hours of TV shows and movies. If you want to switch to Pluto TV, here’s how to activate your device. Closed captions and casting tips are also included.
Attention All Video Streamers: Here are a few facts for you about the potential dangers of streaming online while remaining unprotected:
- Your ISP has a direct window for everything you view and publish on the web
- Your ISP is now LEGALLY allowed to sell this information about what you are viewing
- Most ISPs don’t want to deal with lawsuits directly, so they will often pass your viewing information to protect themselves, further jeopardizing your privacy.
In the 3 scenarios above, the only way to protect your viewing and identity is to use a VPN. By streaming content directly through your ISP, everything you view on the internet is exposed to both them and the attention they can protect. A VPN protects this. Follow these 2 links and you will be posted safely in no time:
- ExpressVPN is our VPN of choice. They are extremely fast and their security is top notch. Get 3 months free for a limited time
- Learn How To Set Up A VPN On Your Fire TV Stick
- Compatible devices
- Activation Guide
- Chromecast Pluto TV
- mobile device
- Change Subtitles
- End of Transmission
Pluto TV is available on a wide variety of platforms and Viacom is constantly adding new platforms. My current lineup looks like this:
- iPad and iPhone. Get the app here.
- Android phones and tablets as well as Android TV. You can download the official app from Google Play.
- 4th generation Apple TV devices. You can find the app on iTunes.
- Various Amazon Kindle and Fire tablets, as well as Fire TV and Fire TV Stick. You can download the official app here.
- Various Vizio, Samsung and Sony smart TVs. More brands are coming soon.
- Windows PC and Mac computers. Download the app for your operating system here.
- PlayStation 4 and Xbox consoles.
- You can broadcast via the web browser on your computer and mobile device.
- You can also watch Pluto TV online. Go to https://corporate.pluto.tv/where-to-watch/ and click the “Watch Now” button in the “Watch on the Web” section.
If you’re outside the US, you can enjoy Pluto TV on your Mac and PC computers, as well as iOS and Android smartphones and tablets. However, be aware that your channel list may differ significantly due to streaming rights. Download the PC application from the “International Desktop Application” section here. Android users can find the app here; iOS users go here.
The actual activation process is broadly similar for all supported devices and platforms. Follow these steps to enable yours.
- Install Pluto TV on your device.
- Start the guide.
- Go to channel 02. Alternatively, you can click or tap the “Enable” button. It is located on the left side of the Pluto TV guide.
- A 6-digit activation code will appear at the top of the screen.
- If you are logged in, click or tap MyPluto on the phone. Go to the Activate page and enter the code given to you. If you are not logged in or do not have an account yet, go to pluto.tv/activate and enter your device code.
If for any reason you decide to stop using Pluto TV, you can unpair your device. Follow these steps.
- Go to MyPluto.
- Click or tap the “Enable” button.
- Then select your device.
- Tap or click the “X” button to disconnect your device.
You can watch Pluto TV on multiple devices. In fact, there is no limit to how many devices you can install on. However, you have to activate each device, and each device requires a unique code. If you need additional codes, go to Channel 02 to get them.
Chromecast Pluto TV
There are two ways to cast Pluto TV to your Chromecast. You can use Chrome on your computer or use the Pluto TV mobile app. Let’s see how it’s done.
Follow these steps to cast Pluto TV via Chrome.
- Launch Chrome on your computer.
- Click the “More” icon in the upper right corner of the browser window.
- Select “Players…” from the menu.
- Choose Chromecast. If it is already connected, an icon will appear indicating its active status.
Follow these steps to cast Pluto TV from your mobile device. This guide works on both Android and iOS devices.
- Launch Pluto TV on your device.
- Go to the channel you want to broadcast to.
- Tap the “Players” icon in the upper right corner.
- Select Chromecast from the list of available casting devices.
Here’s how to enable subtitles on various platforms.
This guide is for both Android phones and tablets.
- Launch Settings.
- Select Accessibility.
- Tap on “Titles”.
- Tap the slider to open the titles.
- Launch Pluto TV.
- Tap the screen.
- Tap on “CC”.
- Choose the language.
How to open titles on Amazon devices
- Enable Fire TV’s accessibility settings.
- Go to the “Headers” section and enable them.
- Go to Pluto TV and press the Menu (middle) button on your TV’s remote.
- Select the language you want captions to be displayed in.
Here’s how to open closed captions on your Roku TV device.
- Launch Pluto TV on your Roku device.
- play something.
- Press the “Star” button. This will launch Options.
- Go to “Closed captioning”.
- Press the “Right” and “Left” arrows to select from the list of available titles.
End of Transmission
Viacom is committed to expanding Pluto TV and making it available on more platforms in the future. In addition, the number of channels available and the amount of on-demand content are growing rapidly. Considering that it is gaining new users at incredible speed, it’s safe to assume that Pluto TV is here to stay.